Friday 5 May 2017

Archiving

Archiving


Hi There!

How're you doing?  Everything
going according to plan for you
I hope. 

Of course, if the plan isn't working
then just embrace the chaos.........!

Craftyfield here today bringing a
sense of calm and serenity.....

You might want to make a cuppa
before you read on......




 "At long last I sat down to make a layout... 
I don't make them so often nowadays because 
it takes me a lot of time to complete a single page. 

Not because of the size, but the amount of time 
I spend looking (and stroking) papers, 
embellishments and such.

The design is never cast in stone and evolves with 
my mood and what I find in my stash.
Without a detailed plan things can, and do, 
go wrong, so one of the thing I do is use supplies 
that will allow me flexibility. 

For instance, iIf I'm not sure whether I'll be 
using wet media I will use permanent ink and 
strong paper. I don't glue paper all around but 
leave a margin so I can slip items behind or 
glue at the last minute when everything 
else is complete.



I chose a lovely Vintage paper from Kaisercraft,
 double sided (one never knows when
 the reverse will be seen...). 

Their collections usually include a sheet of 
3x4 images and one of mixed sizes and 
sometimes coordinating stamps as well. 

My chosen base paper is from the Mademoiselle 
collection and I started by cutting 1/2" on 2 sides 
before punching and distressing them.

I love using old stash on my layouts, 
do you remember those Martha Stewart punches?
 Well, they're perfect here as the paper
 is too large for my die-cut machine!


This paper has a lot of "white space" 
for customisation and I wanted 
to add stencilling. 

I couldn't resist using the Distress Oxides here
 to see how it would react with wet media later!


For comparison purposes I stamped 
this Kaisercraft image with Distress Oxides 
before switching to Archival in black 
and Potting soil. [by the time you read this 
I will be in possession of a set of 
Archival in bright shades but the minis haven't 
made it to my stash yet].


For more texture I used one of the latest 
Lin Brown sets (Paper Artsy).


Ready for the sprays....



I used several colours of Prima Blooms sprays 
and coloured a piece of paper lace as well. 

The images stamped with Archival didn't budge at all. 
I inked the lace with pink on top to be more
 in keeping with the colours of the page.


Another use of Archival is to stamp on sleek surfaces 
such as glass, metal etc... 
What better way to customise this large brad 
than to stamp it with the same image 
I have used throughout the layout!


I saw this Vintage portrait on a Bo Bunny paper 
and had to have it on this layout. 
Nothing wrong about mixing collections....


I like making my own embellishments 
or at the very least make them my own 
by painting, embossing or distressing them. 

I coated the buttons with gesso, 
then with paints and added gel medium 
and micro beads. 

I "dyed" a scrap of calico to represent a fabric roll.



On a whim I added the word Wish 
stencilled in Starlight paint. 

Now it's time to sew, glue and pull everything together.


I add a bit of Starlight here and there 
on the buttons, butterflies...



 This really is a beautiful page
Craftyfield and for me, the way
you have tackled customising the
embellishments is a masterstroke.
Many, many thanks for sharing

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, like how you've decorated the edges with a punch -- very effective. These really are gorgeous papers to use. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is beautiful! So much detail, fab 'how to' too! xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.