Wednesday 9 August 2017

Better & Better

Better & Better



Hallo Everyone!

Welcome to our new topic, the title
of which is a narrowly disguised
Get Well!  So many of us have 
folk who are ailing in some way
we thought we would devote this
week to offering cheery Get Well
wishes in a range of different styles

Today we have Hazel Harler with
us and her style is Vintage:

"Hi everybody.  Good to be with you today!


I used these lovely Imagination Crafts rice papers


 I glued the striped paper to the front 
of the card blank then I tuned the card over 
and used a waterbrush to wet the edges,
 this enabled me to tare the excess paper 
away from the card.


Using the water gave the rice paper 
a nice frayed edge.


I cut the lace butterfly out of the 
patterned rice paper.


 I used a Carabelle Studio stamp and
 leaf green archival ink to stamp 
on the background.


The stamped background.



 I coloured a white piece of card by swiping
 the distress inkpads directly over the card



 I stamped the Carabelle Studio tag and 
butterflies onto the coloured card and 
cut them out. 

The sentiment is a Woodware stamp.


I glued the lace butterfly and some lacy fabric
 to the card, then I added some lace,
 tissue tape and stamped some script.

Before I glued the butterflies to the card 
I covered them with stickles, 
I also added some gems for the bodies."


Supplies:


Woodware sentiment stamp.
Archival ink - black and leaf green.
Distress ink - victorian velvet and old paper.


A great start to the week
Hazel.  Thank you.

There's no end to what you can
stick on a card is there?  Get 
out your bit boxes and see what
inspiration lies within.  

'Till tomorrow, 

Mickie xx



3 comments:

  1. Great card, lovely colour scheme. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty with lots of lovely layers and texture xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful vintage layers for a delightful card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.